The growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.
-George Eliot

Saturday, April 17, 2010

the outsiders

at the beginning of last semester, i found a band that legitimately changed my life. it started off as just a few songs, but the more songs of theirs i stumbled into, the more i figured out that i basically loved all of their music. it wasn't until after i was sufficiently obsessed with them that i also figured out that most of their songs are love songs for the Lord. that's been pretty exciting.
music is my love language.
i love sharing my music with others and showing them why it means so much to me. so when i shared this band with my friends, i was so excited that they loved it as much as i did. this year it has been challenging for us to all stay close as our lives continue to grow in separate but equally exciting directions. but this band has been something that has helped us stay connected to each other.

so today, as i listen to needtobreathe and work on my endless amounts of homework, i can't help but be grateful. God has blessed me with such phenomenal people and He has been so clever in the ways that He ties us all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment