The growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.
-George Eliot

Saturday, January 30, 2010

beginnings.

so my wonderful roommate kailey has had a blog for awhile now, and finally has inspired me (despite my best efforts to avoid it) to create one of my own. so, here i am, against everything inside of me, blogging.

as i thought about the purpose of my blog, i came to two conclusions:
1. i don't really care if anyone reads it.
2. it would still be kind of cool if someone did.

in all of my extensive education courses, that i have hated with my entire being, i have been asked to reflect upon field experiences and try to get something applicable out of them. and then i write about it. for a grade. i guess that would be the purpose of a blog as well - reflecting on experiences that i think are important and then figuring out what i have taken from them. also, what better way to log away the good things, and also the bad, that make up the world that i live in? it's like a scrapbook, but requires significantly less work and creativity.

so here it is. my non-creative quasi-scrapbook blog.

2 comments:

  1. YYYYEEEEESSSSSSS!!!! i'm so excited to stalk you on your blog :)
    isn't it exciting when you get a comment??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I will follow this blog and read it religiously. And love every minute of it. I love you! You little quasi-scrapbooker, you!

    ReplyDelete