The growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.
-George Eliot

Monday, February 8, 2010

oh how good my God is.

okay so i'm just sitting at school right now...there are papers to grade and a unit to plan, copies to make and overheads to create. even still, i am just sitting at my desk, writing on my blog, which by the way is totally not something i should be doing right now. the room is dark without the sun peaking in through the windows. it is a wall of white outside and the windows are letting the cold air slowly seep into my classroom. it is completely quiet, except for my growling tummy, because like an idiot, i forgot my lunch at home. but it is here of all places that i stumbled upon an enormous feeling of peace.

in this immense quiet, in this peaceful place, i realized how good my God is. i don't know what it was, maybe it's been the gift of laughter that my first three periods have given me. maybe it's the quieting of my heart for the first time in awhile, but at this very moment i am blown away by my God. he is SO GOOD.

thanks God, for letting me teach. i love kids. i love laughing. i LOVE teaching.

1 comment:

  1. So good. I am just so happy for you. :)Don't forget this moment, you might need to reference this page of the scrapbook often.

    ReplyDelete